Academic Documentation

The structure of higher education varies by country.  Because of this, we ask that applicants educated outside of the United States include a credential equivalency report as part of their application for admission.  To do this, you will need to submit your undergraduate and graduate transcripts to a credential equivalency service such as:  Center for Education DocumentationEducational Credential Evaluators or World Education Services.

It is common that these companies will request official transcripts in order to complete the credential equivalency evaluation.  Because of this, we recommend that you request two copies of your official transcript(s) when preparing for your application.

These companies offer different levels of reporting.  If you are not requesting transfer credit for prior graduate work completed outside the United States, you will only need a general or basic report confirming your overall credential.  If you plan to request transfer equivalency for a graduate level course completed outside the United States, it will be helpful to request a course-by-course equivalency report that also includes the overall credential evaluation.